Saturday, January 11, 2014

D'swooners

Plays R&B Golden Hits


 
 

Side A
Hold On, I'm coming
Sunny
Boo-Ga Loo Down Broadway
It's A Man's Man's World
Baby, Now That I've Found You
Stone Free
A Whiter Shade of Pale

Side B
Nobody But Me
My Girl
Knock On Wood
Woman, Woman
Fire
Purple Haze
Land Of A Thousand Dances


-----
Portrait of D'Swooners 

 


Side A
Dock Of The Bay
Sunshine Of Your Love
Hello, I Love You
When A Man Loves A woman
Hey Joe
Please, Please, Trina
Wonderful World Of Love

Side B
The Sound Of Silence
You Keep Me Hangin' on
Hoin' Out of My Head
Can't Take My Eye's Off You
Mickey's Monkey
Sonata Of love
Light My Fire



for audio, visit/subscribe:
YouTube: OPM Vinyl Playlist



-----
Discotechque Disk Vol 3


 

Side A
Hold On, I'm Comin'
Boo-Ga-Loo Down Broadway
Knock On Wood
Sunny
It's A Man's World
Woman Woman

Side B
Nobody but Me
My Girl
You Keep Me Hangin' On
Sunshine Of Your Love
Purple Haze
Land Of A Thousand Dances





They were a Filipino band formed in 1963. They went to Hong Kong and played in nightclubs. In 1965, they recorded “My Sonata of Love” (composed by Vic Cristobal) on the Diamond label which became a big hit. They opened for The Kinks and Manfred Mann in Hong Kong. A Japanese talent scout saw them and took them to Japan. They released two singles and two albums in Japan including the very successful psychedelic GS “Please Please Trina” on Philips in 1968.

Cris Solano (vocals, bass)
Charlie Cajilig (guitar)
Ernie Espiritu (organ)
Ronnie Parina (vocals, trumpet, saxophone)
Eddie Fortuno (drums)











No comments:

Post a Comment